Electromagnetic Waves or Electromagnetic Radiation
What Is the Electromagnetic Spectrum?
Summary of the Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Gamma rays: energetic enough to damage cells and kill.
- X-rays: enough energy to penetrate flesh and used for medical diagnostics.
- Ultraviolet light: energetic enough to burn skin.
- Visible light: detectable by the human eye.
- Infrared light: feels warm on the skin as heat.
- Microwaves: used for cooking and communications.
- Radio waves: used for communications.