- underground and overhead electric power cables
- cooking devices
- and mobile phones
Greatest threat: Low-level electromagnetic radiation
- A band of extremely low frequencies (ELF): 3-3,000 Hz (Source: electrical power lines, Visual Display Units (VDUs) and domestic appliances)
- Very low frequencies (VLF): 3,000-30,000 Hz or 3-30 kHz. (Source: navigation devices/ equipment, VDUs, domestic appliances)
- Radio frequencies (RF): 3,000 to 1 billion Hz or 3 kHz to 1GHz. (Source: radio, TV, mobile phones, VDUs, domestic appliances)
- Microwaves (MW): Microwave ovens operate at 2,400,000,000 Hz (Source: radar, VDUs, microwave ovens)
- Infrared (IR) - Source: Sun, VDUs
- Visible light (VL) - Source: Sun, VDUs
- Ultraviolet (UV) - Source: Sun, VDUs
- X-rays - (a) soft x-rays - Source: medical X-rays, VDUs (b) hard X-ray - Source: nuclear fallout
- Gamma rays - Source: nuclear fallout
ELF & VLF: May cause cancer
- Changes in heart and brain.
- Observed changes in human cells exposed to these frequencies could promote cancer under certain circumstances.
- Some studies show widespread deformities and deaths in chicken embryos. This indicates that birth defects and deaths in human offspring may be similarly affected. Swedish tests on cells taken from women showed the same disruptive effects.
- Changes in brain and central nervous system
- Effects on eyes, including cataracts
- Changes in chemistry of blood and circulatory systems
- Cardiovascular problems (heart and blood vessels)
- Metabolic changes in tissues
- Conditioned reflex behavior
- Cancer (including leukemia)
- Disruption of cells
- Changes in immune system (resistance to disease)
- Adverse effects in male reproductive system (reduced sperm count, erection and ejaculation problems, birth deformities, stillbirths, and decreased libido or sexual drive)
- Adverse effects in female reproductive system (disruption of menstrual cycle, adverse reproduction and development of offspring, miscarriages, birth deformities, stillbirths, and decreased sexual drive)
New electromagnetic radiation threat from mobile phone
Sick & healthy waves
- Microwave ovens operate at 2,400,000,000 Hz.
- Digital mobile phones use a frequency of about 900 megahertz (MHz) for the GSM (Global System Mobile) system, and 1,800 MHz for the PCN (Personal Communication Network) system. Both fall in the microwave region of the electromagnetic spectrum. If phone signal is "pulsed", the main frequency "carries" another signal at 217 Hz which generates a regular, low frequency pulsing effect into the brain.